Monday, January 16, 2012

Cosmeet Kick Off 2012 and Otakufest V: Old School


Ever watched Hunter x Hunter and got scared by Hisoka’s murderous aura? Or dreamt of Kazuki (Get Backers) trying to steal a kiss? Or worse, recorded the opening song of Knight Hunters (a.k.a Weiss Kreuz)? Well, these are just few of my sordid actions in relation to my obsession with anything anime.

Thus, it was such a great pleasure when a cosplayer client and later friend (Hans Garmino) ~.^ told me that I can have a booth set up for the Okakufest V cosplay event. I was already screaming my heads off even if there was no confirmation yet from the organizer.

So I was really happy when I get to have my own booth to not 1 but 2 cosplay events in Cebu! Finally, I can have the excuse of attending the event as a seller and not a failing cosplayer. :D
Trust me, if I only have the guts to cosplay Enma Ai, I would!

But enough of the chit-chat, let’s get down to the 2 events that Red Jhelli Shop will be attending.

1st Event: Cosmeet Kick Off 2012 (Cebu Cosplayers Club)
(click link for further info: Cebu Cosplayers Club Facebook Page )



Who: ALL cosplayers, anime enthusiasts, photographers, and fellow hobbyist!

When: January 22, 2012 (Sunday) at 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.

Where: The Outpost, Lahug Cebu City.

There will be a pre-registration fee amounting to Php. 75.00. It is inclusive of a free meal and a Php. 20.00 discount on the souvenir pin for the event.

Sad to say, I am not sure what activities are to take place since I the organizer has been very busy lately and was not able to post updates regarding the event. Well, let’s just hope for the best!


2nd Event: Otakufest V : Old School
(click link for further info: Otakufest Facebook Page)



Who: ALL cosplayers, anime enthusiasts, photographers, and fellow hobbyist!

When: February 4, 2012 (Saturday) at 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.

Where: UP Cebu College

Advance tickets are available for Php. 50.00, and Php. 60.00 on the day itself.

Now this Cosplay Event has a lot to offer! With the theme “Old School” they have organized contests such as the Quiz Battle Royale, Group Cosplay Competition and Solo Cosplay Competition all in favor of any published works (i.e. books, movies, tv shows, anime, toys, games, etc.) released on or before the year 2000 (2000, 90s, 80s, 70s, and so on).

And I hear there are a lot of bands coming over to play! Definitely excited!

And of course, please, please, please come and visit our booth! We have especially prepared a one-time ‘Barkada Promo’ for those cosplay enthusiast who wish to purchase circle lenses on the day of the mentioned events!

Pricelist: (all lenses including animation and crazy lenses)

1 pair           –    650 pesos including loyalty card
2 – 3 pairs   -     600 pesos including loyalty card
3 and up      -     580 pesos including loyalty card


Here is a copy of our official banner for the 2 events.


I am soo looking forward to attending both as an anime enthusiast and of course as I seller. Hope the weather cooperates and of course for sales to pour in! Hihihihi.

To all Cosplay Enthusiast / Otaku see you all guys there!!


Have you attended a cosplay event before? Please do share your experiences. ^_^

0 comments:

Post a Comment